Bellwood Acres, the Al (Alfred) Shear Development, is located east of the Bell Road/ Chillicothe Road intersection and north off Bell Road. The development was plotted in four phases.
The first plot was on April 12, 1955. These are the homes on Bell Road at Leaview Lane and Lakeview Lake.
The second plot was on September 6, 1955 that included Lakeview Lane and Leaview Lane northward.
On April 8, 1957 the third plot was accepted for the north end of Lakeview Lane and Circle Drive.
There was a conditional acceptance of dedicated roads on November 22, 1955.
On June 25, 1957 the final plot was accepted that included Lakeview Lane and the north end by the lake.
Bellwood is another lake community with a private lake and recreational area. The homeowners association recently constructed a new pavilion located near the swimming area.
There are 105 homes in this development.
Fourteen lots in the original plot are located on Bell Road and are in the association.
Voting is in Precinct B located at Gurney School.
Bellwood Acres is the last area east in the Village of South Russell that is serviced by Geauga County sanitary sewers that were installed in 1998.
All homes are on wells.
The current Homeowners Association President or contact person is: